Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Aunt Lilly's Lentil Spread


The first time I ever sampled this recipe, I was at your dad's Aunt Lilly's house in Sarasota. I didn't have a clue what I was spreading on Ritz crackers- I just knew I couldn't get enough of it. I was astonished when Lil gave me the recipe...I never would've guessed that lentils were the main ingredient. It's great with crackers, chips or as a sandwich filling.

1 lb. dried lentils, rinsed
1 large onion, chopped
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 eggs, hard boiled
1 cup walnuts
salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste

Cook lentils according to package directions until soft. Sautee onion in oil until transluscent. In the bowl of a large food processor, process everything except for seasonings until almost smooth. Add seasonings and chill.

No comments:

Post a Comment